EMCR Brain Science Network
Our aim is to establish a platform for early-to-mid career brain scientists to develop into future leaders and to drive Australian brain science forward.
About the EMCR Brain Science Network
Vision: To shape the future of Australian brain science by empowering the next generation of leaders.
Mission: To support emerging brain scientists in Australia and foster interdisciplinary research from discovery to development and translation.
The EMCR Brain Science Network is a new initiative of the Australian Academy of Science and the Australian Brain Alliance that aims to shape the future of Australian brain science by;
- Establishing a vibrant, innovative and interdisciplinary network that supports emerging researchers.
- Providing a platform that breaks down existing structural barriers between the various brain science disciplines from discovery to technology and translation.
- Helping shape the national policy toward brain science and provide advocacy for EMCRs.
- Increased opportunities for networking with a broad range of researchers across a wide range of disciplines.
- Access to international training scholarships, and visiting scholarships in national networks.
- Highlighting and leveraging off the infrastructure that is available within Australia and promoting the use and sharing of these facilities.
- Exclusive invitation to EMCR Brain Science Network sponsored events, symposia and conferences.
- Creating a platform for media engagement of brain science by directing media enquiry inquiries to relevant and interested EMCR members.
- Providing a direct voice in shaping the future of EMCR Brain Science network
- Distributing an online newsletter with information about the activities of the network and member updates and stories.
- Having a dedicated commitment to serve as a champion for equity, diversity and inclusion within Australian brain sciences.
- Actively identifying and responding to barriers to opportunity for Australian EMCRs in brain sciences.
- Membership of the EMCR Brain Science Network is targeted for early-to-mid career researchers (less than 15 years since PhD was awarded, excluding interruptions).
- You are also able to sign up for notifications if you are a student (PhD candidates). Please indicate you are a student under year PhD awarded.
- If you are a member of the public interested in brain science you are welcome to join as a subscriber. We also encourage you to become a Brain Champion.
There are no membership costs
To sign up please complete the membership form.